Our current beers are available both on-tap in our Brewery and in select locations, AND in our 25 oz. Crowlers to take with you:
Knot Bumper Mango Blonde: A very popular beer year-round. It is a very easy drinking, approachable ale with the perfect amount of delicious mango to accompany it. 5.25% ABV.
Log Roller IPA: This beer has citrus and pine hops at a 7.5% ABV and 64 IBU's. This IPA has plenty of floral, citrus and pine notes which is smooth, fairly dry and has easy-drinking maltiness.
Red Axe Irish Ale: This beer is balanced with firm malt notes that are accompanied by a gentle roast at 6% ABV. It is a smooth Irish red ale perfect for any season.
Wood Chip EPA: This beer is balanced with firm malt notes that carry a floral, earthy and slightly fruity hop presence at 5.25% ABV and 35 IBU's.
Lost Logger Blonde Ale: This is a light, clean, slightly sweet and very approachable blonde. It crosses the line with light beers and cream ales with corn additions that make it easy-drinking and fun ale at 5.25% ABV and 15 IBU's.
Iron Burner Stout: Dark in color, body rich and velvety with notes of chocolate and roasted coffee. We also add milk sugar to complete the stout with minimal bitterness at 6% ABV and 33 IBU's.
Whiskey Chip Stout: This high alcohol beer is brewed with roasted and chocolate barley. While brewing we added 40% more of our select grains to this stout along with raw sugar to increase the ABV. This signature brew is finished with hazelnut and a generous portion of Madagascar Bourbon. At 12% ABV, served in a 10 oz. tulip glass.
Bear Den Porter: 5.1% ABV, our newest beer. The perfect beer to snuggle up and get cozy with. This porter has a great balance of hop notes and roasted chocolate maltiness. We added real Madagascar Vanilla Beans during fermantation to give this beer a sweet aroma. 31 IBU's.
Fall Berry Hefeweizen: Currently unavailable. This is a German Hefeweizen beer that carries an unfiltered and cloudy appearance. The yeast gives the beer a banana and clove aroma and flavor. Our addition of blueberries makes this a great fall beer. 5.1% ABV
Moose Soup Wild Rice IPA: Currently unavailable. Brewed with two varieties of hops which give this IPA floral, citrus and pine notes with every taste. In addition to our base IPA grains we add 120 lbs. of locally sourced MN Wild Rice to give the beer a rich but smooth starch and nutty flavor. Two varieties of caramel malt were added to give the beer distinct color and flavor. ABV 7.5% and 74 IBU's.
Oktoberfest: Currently unavailable, will be back in fall 2019. This festbier pours full amber with an impressively clingy froth. It offers fresh hops and warm, toasty malt in the bouquet. The velvety mouthfeel and medium body give way to a full malty, sweet flavor and reserved, but firm, hop bitterness. 6.0% ABV.
American Pale Ale: Currently unavailable. Made with 100% American hops this pale ale carries a citrus flavor and aroma from the Citra hops that we boiled and dry hopped in the beer. ABV is 4.7% and IBU's are 50.4.
German Blueberry Wheat Ale: Currently unavailable. Our German wheat ale is made using 50% wheat and 50% barley. Sorachi Ace hops were added during the boil to bring the bitterness up to 30 IBU's and blueberries were added to make it a perfect summer treat. 5.0% ABV.
Before every brew, and between each process, all our systems, vessels, equipment and process lines are cleaned and sanitized to ensure the perfect beer.
1. Malted Barley is moved to our milling section of the brewery.
2. Here we mill our malted barley to perfection for the ever-important mashing stage.
3. We then infuse our milled malted barley in our Mash Tun with the correct temperature water for all those lovely brewing enzymes to go to work. This is the critical process where sugars are converted from the starches from the malted barley, we call this process mashing. Regular gravity and pH analysis are done throughout the mashing, boiling and fermentation phases to listen what the wort and beer has to say and do something to make it happy if it’s not.
4. After the mashing, we lauter, this is where we collect all our perfectly crafted wort from the mash tun to the wort receiver.
5. Then off to the boil kettle for a nice boil. This is also the stage where our hop additions are made at certain intervals within the boil.
6. After boiling, we whirlpool to get rid of most of the vegetal matter originating from the hops.
7. We then cool to our fermenters where at this stage we will pitch our yeast under perfect conditions.
8. These perfect conditions are created by our effective craft brewing environment where we rely on our traditional craft brewing practices, our fermentation progresses on its own natural way with no intervention to speed-up any process. After all, we are making craft beer.
9. After waiting long enough, the beer will tell us it’s time to go and rest in our storage vessels.
10. It is only then when the beer has conditioned to perfection when we will filter the beer to our BBT’s or Bright Beer Tanks.
11. After some time in the BBT’s we then keg this perfectly crafted beer in our kegs or,....
12. We serve directly to you in our Lakeside tap room!